View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-21-2009, 03:24 PM

I want to point out a comparison for users who don't understand, as well. While I'm not familiar with the system yet (taking me awhile and I'm not appointed yet), there are two types of warnings: Comment and Profile.

Comment warnings can be deleted BY A MODERATOR ONLY. You CANNOT delete them yourself. E.V.E.R. The only time this doesn't apply is when it becomes a permanent warning, meaning you wouldn't stop bugging us about removing said warnings, like Miranda mentioned. They stay. FOREVER. Much like:

Profile warnings ARE NOT DELETED EVER. They are permanent and will stay in cy.berspace for all eternity and are an everlasting blemish upon your internet facade. These are usually handed out when you have done something serious and that warrants something beyond comment warnings. In the past these were given out as well to people who had their profiles set to Friends Only Comments and Moderators couldn't post on their profiles. They seemed to feel that because they had their profiles set to private and their comments set to Friends Only that they were safe from the moderators and their "horrible" warnings/infractions. WRONG! Profile warnings are NEVER deleted. They do not appear on your public/private/whatever forum profile you have, but the admin and moderator staff can see it. It is in fact these types of warnings that cause bans of any sort, not comment warnings (though sometimes users just don't seem to get the idea and we've actually had spammers who were banned within 15 minutes of joining...).

Also: Yes, I AM contactable. Just not on my profile, much for the same reasons as Miranda except people were rating me low for reasons unknown and yes, we can see what numbers you vote on our own profiles. Spam too was a factor... I'm available via PM and DM; I never want to hear anybody whining about how I can't be contacted, wah wah wah. It's called the PM system. And I also don't want to hear anybody saying 'but I don't know how' because there's a thing on here called Who's Online that we can use to see what you're doing. We see you using the PM systems too, you know. :\ Not necessarily who you're PMing, but that you are using it.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 04-21-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!