View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default Posting Images in Profile Comments - 04-02-2009, 02:34 PM

Please refrain from posting large images or long links in other people's profile comments. I've noticed that sometimes people are getting in trouble due to their friends posting long links or images on their profile. Sometimes this causes stretching of the profile to occur, making people have to scroll horizontally to see your profile. This will result in a warning.

For example:

Bad: "Look here! These are the longest links eva!1!! http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=longest+link+ever&btnG=Google+Searc h&meta=&aq=0&oq=longest+link" - these links will NOT break up when they're inside a profile comment, and will cause stretching.

Good: "Look what I found on google! [click]"

Some people don't know how to make hyperlinks (make a word into a link), but it isn't that difficult. Highlight the word you wish to make into a link and then click this button - - and then copy the url of the link into that box. This will give you a clean link. ^_^ Alternately, to get rid of the link (if it is the wrong link or something), use this button -

As for images, keep it simple. Instead of posting a huge image saying, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATE!" or whatever the image says, find something smaller or link to the larger image and say, "I made you this for your birthday." People will appreciate this just as much. If you are going to make an image, maybe make it avatar size or signature size (see here) so they can use it on the forums. =)

-----

I should also remind you of profile stretching in general. Like I said, this will result in a warning. Try not to post any pictures/text within your profile that will cause any stretching. I understand if it goes off the page just a little bit, but some people are going a bit too far. Keep things under control, and monitor your profile often, and make sure that nothing is causing it to stretch. I'm tired of seeing how many people are breaking this rule when it's not all that hard to abide to. Nobody wants profile warnings, so try to avoid it by not stretching your profile, or other people's. Thank you. ^_^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!