Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-24-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorwho_gal View Post
I do find page 3 sexist, regardless of whether the women is earning a load of money or not I believe it objectifies the female form. If they had the same of a man, I don't think it would be sexist because they would both be being objectified and gender wouldn't come into it. But thats another debate XD

I suppose when I mention racism I mean the Daily Mail. Its basically too conservative for my liking. I didn't mean to say I thought all tabloids were racist, sorry.
How is having a man do the same thing not objectifying him? Men are objectified the same way women are. Have you not seen the shirtless male model photos? The half naked men in those brand name stores? What about the huge demands on men to have certain sized genitals or they won't be satisfying? While I agree with you that it is objectifying women, I don't think you have a clear view of the whole picture since you seem to think it is alright to do the same to men. When men do the same thing, they are putting a set gender role out there that all men are expected to conform to, just like those women. If you don't believe in one, you don't believe in the other, not just selectively choose what is right and wrong. Kindly keep the "women rule, men should be exploited" attitude out of here because we are a community that recognizes both as equals with the same rights, which includes the right to not be objectified(even if you believe they aren't).

Done with my rant, bringing it back to the main topic. I'm a big fan of tabloids xD I'm especially in love with those crazy ones about affairs with aliens and government conspiracies. They are just so fun. Did you know Angelina Jolie adopted Bat Boy? DED SRS! xD

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 03-24-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!