View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-24-2009, 01:23 PM

How can it be sexist when the girl CHOOSES to have that career, and gets paid a lot of money for it? For your information, true feminism is about choice, not about forcing women to do certain things out of fear of being labeled traitors to their gender. For example, a friend of my mother's has always been a housewife and mother. She used to have a career but gave it up to stay with her kids. I can see some fanatical feminists criticising her for her choice, but they forget that she chose to stay at home, which is what feminism is all about. I personally could have gone into an office, instead, I choose to be a barmaid. I don't give two figs about whether someone thinks that's demeaning to women, cuz it sure as hell isn't. Page 3 girls choose that career, and it can go on to other things for some of them; for example, Melinda Messanger and Katie Price. No-one is forcing you to take that path; so there is no point whatsoever in criticising those who choose it.

OK, now let's get back to the subject at hand, shall we? My boyf reads the Star, which to me just has more pictures than news. XD My parents read the Mail; which is conservative and a bit too "I'm disgusted with..." for me. When I used to get the bus to college, there'd be loads of men reading the Telegraph, which is a broadsheet, opened to its full extent and taking up two seats. -.- I just used to plonk myself down next to them if there were no other seats, plug myself into headphones and open up my copy of the Sun, just to annoy.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!