(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default Chris Brown & Rihanna-Thoughts? - 03-05-2009, 03:46 PM

Chris Brown Charged With Two Felonies - E! Online

A few weeks back, Brown was arrested for an alleged attack against an unknown female. I learned through my roommates(one of whom has family who was with Rihanna in the hospital and has a personal relationship with her), that Rihanna was the victim at the time. Over these past couple of weeks, there certainly hasn't been much information released, but I have been following this story avidly due to the domestic violence aspect of it. There apparently has been a development today though.

Well, Chris Brown is being arraigned today for two felonies-one for criminal threats and the other "assault with force likely to cause great bodily harm". From the newly released description of the attack and the images of Rihanna that were previously released(they are graphic, do not search for these pictures), I'll be shocked if he gets off. Apparently he bit her ears, punched her in the car and continued to do so for quite a bit, and bit her fingers. The scene was quite gruesome according to the report and there was blood all over her gown(from mouth, ear, and fingers).

With this new information released, do you think it is alright for Rihanna to have gone back without much thought? For those of you who do not know, she has apparently returned to her boyfriend and might even appear with him in court(he is supposed to be arraigned in a few hours in LA, so we'll see). They have been seen together travelling and "having fun", despite the instance that occurred.

I don't know about anyone else, but this doesn't sound isolated. While I doubt Rihanna is going to provide any help to authorities with her decision to return(which I disapprove of completely), the extreme level of violence suggests things have gotten physical in the past. Also, her readiness to return makes me wonder just how bad the violence has been. For a man who supposedly looked down on domestic violence because of his mother, Chris Brown has certainly dug himself quite the pit, though he appears to have maintained his relationship. I really disapprove of this. Rihanna has the means to get out of this relationship, something that many abuse victims do not have, yet she has returned. I have to question her because this is a time where she should be taking a stance and saying this is unacceptable, yet she has run back to her abuser. The whole situation is sick.

Anyone else have anything to say? Do you think he will be charged if Rihanna doesn't cooperate? Should she be with him? Do you even believe the charges? Also, do you think this will destroy his career?

Edit: Just wanted to include a shocking quote from the article.
Quote:
Per the detective, Rihanna attempted to phone her assistant but was unable to get through so instead pretended to talk to her for Brown's benefit, saying, "I'm on my way home. Make sure the cops are there when I get there."
It was at that point Brown allegedly replied, "You just did the stupidest thing ever. Now I'm really going to kill you."

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 03-05-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!