Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 03-03-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I'm unsure how she became mod, maybe she can enlighten us? xD Watches over the dolling boards and was one of the first people to bring handdrawn dolling here. Also was the one who convinced Miranda to stop posting as a guest and join the site. Worked during the second team as well.
How I became a mod? Well, back when I joined, the forum was an unholy mess, since most of the mods were inactive. There was a lot of spam, quest posting, etc. as SWK mentioned. A lot of members were fed up, and were campaigning to get the forums cleaned up and new mods appointed. I was basically trying to act like a mod, telling people off for spamming and such (which is something that would get one in trouble now, go figure). I remember I made a "Forum Netiquette" thread that got stickied in some forums that still had active mods.

Of course, I wasn't the only one. I remember postgrep, whom Wolfie mentioned, also wanted to be a mod (this was before he became a complete troll). We both made threads asking whether people would support us if we were to become mods (that sounds rather silly now, but ah well). Anyway, one day I just got a PM from support asking if I wanted to become a mod and which forums I wanted to moderate, and well, the rest is history. I don't remember exactly when it happened, but I'd say it was a couple months after I joined.

I know fairybabe was chosen shortly after me, since I distinctly remember congratulating her in the moderator forum. I ended up really regretting that later .

Last edited by Elanorea : 07-10-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!