(#13 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-02-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Am I allowed to politely request (or tell if necessarry) members who have my edited items to either 1: Move any of my items that they have in their maker to their own catagory with a credit sign in the same catagory? And 2: Ask them to delete my items if they refuse?

Just to note: Any items I'm asking/talking about will be items that I have personally spent time editing/creating. I would never try to claim something that I did not create/edit.
I was asked this question by LancasterPrincess in PM, so I will try right now to answer all of your questions to the best of my ability. I can't state what the site support's stance on this is, but I am assuming it is what I am about to say.

First and foremost, you have every right to demand that makers credit your items in a separate section or that they delete them if they refuse. It is the same with handdrawn dolls or any other piece of artwork. You are allowed to determine the Terms of Use of any of your work and deny usage of it if they fail to comply. This is a copyright issue if the thieves refuse to do anything, so I suggest you point out that they can be pursued by law if they don't comply with your terms.

I suggest you guys put up an item in all sections with handdrawn items, probably a box, with your Terms of Use inside it. Don't just put it in one, put it in all. I also suggest you look at dolling sites(which can be found in the Handdrawn section) and check out their Terms of Use because that is what you want to model yours after. Most sites require credit being given if things from their site is used, like makers, bases, etc and you can require this too.

What you guys need to do is send a PM to support, email her(the email is on her mainsite friend's profile), and send in a helpdesk report and in EACH ONE, send a link to this thread as well as explain the situation. If anyone steals your items, use the "Report Offense" option and explain that these are your handdrawn items that they stole. You have every right to protect them and the site should back you up in your decisions. I know in the past they have removed stolen handdrawn dolls, the same should apply in this case. I can't declare site policy here, but I'm pretty certain what I said is the current policy.

I hope this helped in some way, I know many dollers have the same issues that you do and if you need further help, I will try to help. I'm willing to send out messages and approach users as a representative of the site if they won't listen to you and I can give a list to support of all of the makers which have stolen items, which will make her work much easier in removing them until a change is made.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!