View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-22-2009, 09:38 AM

I also would think very hard before championing PETA, if I were you; they not only are nuts as far as some of their issues go; for example, creating an entire site to mock the Olsen twins about wearing fur, calling them the Trollsons (if someone on here made a thread to mock another user on here, that would be harrassment) and making weird and unworkable suggestions, such as that B&J use brea'st milk rather than cow's milk, but they're also pretty hypocritical. For example, they support the terrorist animal rights organisation the Animal Liberation Front who bomb laboritories, release dangerous mink and laboritory animals into the wild and even dug up an old lady's grave to make a point. They also don't like pets and kill cats and dogs and store them in freezers. Some of their issues may be admirable, but I'd rather not support such deranged thinkers, personally.

As far as milking cows go, domestic cows are bred to produce far more milk than any calf could drink. That is what they are bred for; milk and meat. You can choose not to drink the milk or eat the meat, but that is your choice. Respect the choice of others to drink milk and eat meat. I do both, but I would never dream of trying to make a veggie do what I do. Even if I don't agree with their stance, I can at least respect it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!