Food Preparation Tips -
02-16-2009, 04:41 PM
The idea for this popped into my head. If you have any food prep tips, feel free to share. ^^ Just make sure someone else hasn't posted it first, though!
1. Never use the same cutting board for meats and fruits/vegetables; use a separate one for each. Same applies to the knives you use to cut them with; wash them in hot, soapy water (then rinse in hot water) thoroughly if you must use the same knives.
2. Never use a metal knife to cut lettuce/cabbage/other leafy vegetables; this causes the leaves to brown where they were cut. Plastic lettuce knives can be found at stores; not only can you use them for leafy-veggie cutting, it's also useful for cake and other desserts.
3. If you're melting butter, KEEP AN EYE ON IT! It will continue to melt even after the microwave is done. If melting it on a pan, keep an eye on it if it's at a high temp.
4. Never, ever, E-V-E-R fry bacon without a shirt. Seriously. Just don't do it.
5. If you ever manage to burn a sauce into a pan, try this: Fill the pan/pot with water after draining out the remaining sauce (if there was any) and set it on the stove; boil the water and once it boils for a bit, you should be able to scrape the burned stuff off the pot/pan. ^_^
I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!
You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 02-17-2009 at 04:57 PM.