View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-12-2009, 02:42 PM

A healthy, yet filling, breakfast is porridge with banana slices. That will also, ahem, regulate you. My mum swears by it; she's a nurse and can't just rush off midmorning to snack like I can. XD

I will be the first to admit that me giving diet advice is like the blind leading the blind; I have several bad habits foodwise like eating chocolate for breakfast. XD However, my healthnut mother tells me several things which I think will help you.

If you want to snack during the day, pick naturally sweet fruit like pineapple and strawberries; they will kill sugar cravings. If you really can't stomach the thought of drinking plain water, then dilute fruit juice or sugar free squash and drink that instead. Stay off fizzy drinks; if you must have some then limit yourself to a couple a week and pick diet. When you eat your dinner, try to fill up on vegetables and only have a small portion of the main.

Sometimes your body thinks that it's hungry when in fact, it's thirsty; have a drink of water when you feel hungry and see if you still are after. Chew sugar free gum or brush your teeth to stop yourself snacking.

I also agree with Kitty on what she's saying regarding BMI; I regard them as a pile of pants cuz they keep on saying I'm overweight when I'm not; however, as a tall big hipped and busted hourglass, I guess I don't fit their numbers. -.- Just accept that you are maturing and growing into womanhood; don't try to stop it, it is very unhealthy to do so. Embrace your growing form. ^^

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!