View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 02-11-2009, 11:55 PM

First and foremost, you are young and will no matter what still have some baby fat here and there. It is nothing to be ashamed about, though I must say I doubt you are overweight or even close. In fact, I even doubt your statement that you look gross in the outfit, which I am allowed to refute since I have to wear a uniform that makes me look stout and stocky(thoroughly unflattering to curves, no lie). You should not judge by those online BMI calculators, I used several and they told me I was "severely overweight" because I am 5'5" and 170-180. I also do Tae Kwon Do, danced, and have walk miles every day as well as eat healthy. These calculators fail to take into account your muscle mass(which weighs a lot more than fat) and the fat content in your body, which is probably a lot lower than you are thinking.

I know you aren't going to like what I have to say, but don't fall into that idea that you have to be a twig. It is incredibly unhealthy, as is thinking of weight as a number. Chances are you haven't "lost" weight because you are just weighing yourself rather than examining how toned you are becoming or measuring the fat. I have some things to tell you based on your food, but it has nothing to do with cutting out food, which causes weight gain rather than loss and even results in serious health problems(like iron deficiency, which I can tell you is not fun at all). Please listen to what I have to say, not just as a fellow girl, but as an athletic one at that who understands what you are going through.

First, yogurt is not a meal, it is a snack. I am guilty of this too when I am rushing, but you can't eat just yogurt. Yogurt needs to be accompanied with things like toast, oatmeal, fruit, etc. Not all of those things, but you need to realize that breakfast is extremely important and yogurt alone is starting your day off badly. Come on, your body hasn't eaten for over 12 hours and you are just going to give it that? Also, small snacks of fruit and vegetables is a good idea throughout the day(sometime between breakfast and lunch, after school, and after dinner). They are healthy for you and will help ease hunger. Also, you can combine them in interesting ways that is still good for you (peanut butter and celery, strawberries and yogurt, fruit salads, etc). Your body knows when it needs to eat, don't ignore those signs. Drink water, not juice. Water keeps you hydrated in a way that other drinks cannot, which is good considering your high activity levels.

Most important, no food is "bad" for you if you eat it in proper portions. A few cookies here and there doesn't hurt what you are doing as long as you do it in moderation. In fact, indulging in foods like that in small amounts increases your chances of success with a healthy diet because you will feel less inclined to go on binges.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!