View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-06-2009, 05:11 PM

Have you checked out any tutorials yet? Those are always good to look over. They'll also steer you away from "base-shading".

And easy way to not base shade is that as soon as you finish the outline, colour it in with white. Then, you'll have no base inside the outline to guide your shading. You can tell you base shaded since you can see the darkness around the belly button. Look at your clothes and tell me, Can you see your belly button? I don't think it's possible to see from under your clothes, silly. xD It's a common mistake. I mean, look at my dolls. Before I tried tutorials, I used to base-shade too.

Be careful though, pillow shading is also not good. Look at this:

This is an example of what do to, and what not to do. The first one is an example of proper shading. The second is base-shading, the third is pillow shading, and the fourth is pillow shading w/ folds. Tutorials will hopefully steer you away from the not so good ones, and help you develop your own style of proper shading. You first doll is very good. I'm looking forward to big things from you. ^^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!