(#23 (permalink))
Old
Louisiana (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 3 Votes / 3.00 Average
Thumbs up 01-18-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
Not only are you viewing insults where there are none, just like last time; you have COMPLETELY missed the point to this rule. What Sarah's referring to is when complete strangers either send a person friend requests or PM out of the blue with a request for friends.

I get these a lot, from either newbies or from people who have broken rules in the past and think that as a mod, I have to be their friends. -.- I will not friend anyone who I don't know or who I know to be a known troublemaker, and sometimes these people will react nastily to my ignoring their PMs or refusing their friend requests.

This kind of thing not only happens to mods, but also to a lot of the older forum members. I suggest that you get all the facts first before you start flinging wild accusations about, especially at Sarah who's a mod and is therefore not going to be telling people not to friend others.
Thanks so much for the clarification--I was merely curious about that rule which I'll admit I misunderstood.

And thanks to everyone else who responded to my comment by saying that people become friends over time when they find things in common--I found this extremely helpful and constructive in providing an answer to my question.

And I myself am not one who will try to "friend" a lot of others randomly--I've just tried to friend 2 or 3 people (not mods) who've said things I agreed with or otherwise seem to have things in common with me. And if they accept my friend request, fine--if not, that's OK, too.

Sure God created Man before Woman--but don't you always make a rough draft--before the final masterpiece?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!