Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-18-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana View Post
Regarding this, not only would relatively newer people such as myself feel discouraged from "friending" others, those who've been here for a longer time would not "friend" the new people. Because the comparison cited above sounds discouraging--none of us would like to be considered "some loon."
Not only are you viewing insults where there are none, just like last time; you have COMPLETELY missed the point to this rule. What Sarah's referring to is when complete strangers either send a person friend requests or PM out of the blue with a request for friends.

I get these a lot, from either newbies or from people who have broken rules in the past and think that as a mod, I have to be their friends. -.- I will not friend anyone who I don't know or who I know to be a known troublemaker, and sometimes these people will react nastily to my ignoring their PMs or refusing their friend requests.

This kind of thing not only happens to mods, but also to a lot of the older forum members. I suggest that you get all the facts first before you start flinging wild accusations about, especially at Sarah who's a mod and is therefore not going to be telling people not to friend others.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!