Thread: Don't join IMVU
View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Louisiana (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 3 Votes / 3.00 Average
Thumbs down Don't join IMVU - 01-18-2009, 02:48 AM

(This time I put it under video games since, if my memory serves me correctly, IMVU also has games.) A few days ago I started a thread in another section where I mentioned enjoying IMVU and having a lot of fun changing my avatar's looks and clothing.

I got back some negative feedback on IMVU which said it gave some people's computers viruses, so later that day I Googled that topic. While I found nothing saying anybody had gotten viruses, I did find some who reported that IMVU had been making their computer run very slowly, which had been what was happening with mine.

Then, the next morning, I was on IMVU when all of a sudden a black screen popped up. It warned me in computer-speak in effect that something serious was going on and that I'd better turn the computer off because it was losing memory.

I immediately turned it off--then, remmebering what people had been saying about it, thought, IMVU.

After that, I uninstalled IMVU's software.

This worked like a charm--my computer (usually, since it's a recycled old clunker) has been running faster and otherwise seems to be working better--though it still has its quirks.

Thanks so much to everyone who warned me about that site under my previous post about IMVU because had I not received these warnings, I wouldn't have had a clue what had caused the warning screen to pop up or what was making my computer run slowly.

And last but not least--to anybody who has IMVU, get rid of it. If you're thinking of getting IMVU, don't.

Sure God created Man before Woman--but don't you always make a rough draft--before the final masterpiece?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!