Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 01-14-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
I'd also suggest to start off dolling in MS Paint, cuz it's the more simpler art programme to use and if you use photoshop etc, you might be tempted to take the lazy person's way out, ie toolshading, in leu of pixel shading. You can always tell when a person's done this, cuz it looks burned and smudgy. O.o
Y'know, it's not very nice to call toolshaders lazy. I don't toolshade, because I never got the hang of it and I prefer pixeling, but I still respect those who do it. It is a perfectly valid shading style, and I don't think it takes any less effort than pixeling.

About the doll... as people have said, it is a bit pillowy, but at least you're shading and doing folds, so that's good. I'll have to echo the advice about looking at yourself in the mirror - or just observing how fabrics, hair, etc. look like. It really helps. Also, I noticed that you made the doll completely symmetrical (except for the hair) - don't do that. It looks unrealistic and rather lazy.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!