Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-14-2009, 08:07 AM

I still adore the Iris Johansen books. The ones I've read are:

Face of Deception
Stalemate
The Search
Pandora's Daughter

I've got another book of hers as well, Quicksand, but I'm saving that for a project next semester. Almost all of her books tie in with each other; there's an Eve Duncan series purely about Eve and her battle to find her daughter (who was kidnapped and murdered) and bring her home, which is a term she uses that means bringing peace to a family.

Pandora's Daughter was the first book of hers I read that didn't have a thing to do with Eve. XD Though that's probably just due to the premise of the book; there's an old family, the Devanez, that were powerful psychics. The family was scattered by the Spanish Inquisition, and the man in charge of it believed that one member in particular, a woman named Rosa, was the devil incarnate due to her ability to bring out psychic abilities in others. EG, a "Pandora". Each human supposedly has dormant psychic abilities, and if a Pandora touches a dormant human in a fit of any emotion, even anger or fear, the ability comes out. Unfortunately, not all humans can handle it and many kill themselves because it drives them insane. The abilities I could guess from the book were:

Healers (obvious)
Controllers (Telepaths, they can block out memories and influence people but the blocking of memories and powers means they are literally linked to that person forever.)
Finders (Give them a personal item of anyone in the world and they will find that person.)
Listeners (They hear the screams of people and events long past; sometimes they can even see what happened, and it is this ability that is most frequent and the most dangerous. If left unchecked, a Listener's power can drive them to madness.)
Shapeshifters (Again, obvious, I think they meant werewolves though)

I think there's more, but I couldn't tell, honestly. XD

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!