View Single Post
(#44 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 01-13-2009, 05:19 PM

Yeah, my mom had depression. She went to the hospital twice. First for the depression, then she ended up relapsing after she was home for a while and turned to alcohol, so she went to the hospital for that too. I agree with Kitty and Miranda, that the term "depression" is abused, and at times it's even used to seem more "cool" or more "unique". It's disgusting, to say the least.

I did not ever personally have depression, but dealing with my mother's was enough for me to have to deal with. This often made me upset, and I felt like I was alone and misunderstood, but I would NEVER say that I was "depressed". That would be unfair to people who had really felt like that.

My mom would stay in our basement (which is partially finished), and would only come up to go to the bathroom. She very VERY rarely ate (and she lost a LOT of weight, and became very fragile), and also rarely showered or changed her clothes. She obviously didn't brush her hair, or do her makeup, or any other things like that. She'd just sleep, drink wine, and smoke. All day. She'd argue with my father, and sometimes she'd leave for a couple days without telling anyone. This happened after she had a really bad case of the flu, and they ended up firing her for it. The way she tells it, it was traumatic. They ushered her into the office, and then she was fired, and they didn't even let her collect anything from her desk. They basically pushed her out the door and had the stuff sent to her later. T_T Needless to say, since that was the last straw of my mother's all ready decreasing sanity and ended up causing many troubles for my family, I sent many MANY angry letters. All over her just missing for a while with the flu! She had a doctor's note and everything!! She waited 4 hours to get that note at the hospital and it didn't effing do anything. -.-
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!