Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-13-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
When someone pursues suicide, it actually typically does not occur when they are at their worst with their depression. They tend to resolve to do it, then get "better", which is why those things can be very shocking.

Seriously though, depression is a very abused term among teens. I understand you guys feel like you are depressed, but its not that simple. If you guys are functioning, you do not have serious depression. A mild form is possible, but not something that holds you back in your life. I have had days where I have no will to do anything. I wouldn't eat, I wouldn't sleep, I just lay curled up in bed. I wasn't even really thinking in those moments, I just felt a deep hopelessness that went straight down to my core and kept me from being myself.
Agreed. When I was at my worst point of my depression, I stayed in bed for days. I didn't eat much, I didn't shower or wash my hair, I didn't even change my clothes. I pretty much hibernated.

The credit for changing that situation goes to my mother, who dragged me out of bed and made me see a doctor. Had she not, I never would have gotten out of that hole myself.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!