View Single Post
(#206 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-05-2009, 04:15 PM

Okay. I work on cars as one of my school courses, painting them and refinishing and etc., I'm gonna sign up again next year because I like the class so much. Plus, it's a good time waster.

I've been working on a single car the whole semester, it is a bright banana yellow Ford Mustang. The guy who owns it either messed up a job on it or someone effed up, because when it came into the shop there was a gaping rust hole under the passenger side door (right side in America, mind), and where the spoiler was attached to the trunk was completely rusted. I'm gonna assume the guy did it on his own or something.

Then later on, we opened the trunk and GASP!

No, not a dead body, but there was a rust hole under the vinyl COMING FROM THE FRAME. Okay, people. Time for a lesson. They say the undercarriage wash is good for your car... but it pushes water up where it's not supposed to be. As in, on the frame. It is not galvanized to water. It will rust, a lot, if exposed to water that can't get out. Save people (and yourself) a lot of time (and money, respectively) and don't get the undercarriage wash done.

Anyway, today the paint booth was being cleaned out so I was fussing around, cleaning the mustang off and masking it off some more where it needed it. This guy comes in, looking for the teacher, and so me being the polite student I am told him that the teacher was in the classroom area on the other side of the wall next to the pulling station. He starts walking over there, then comes back and asks me if I'm gonna paint the car.

Yeah, it's the guy who owns the mustang. -___-

I don't know if he wants the car finished by the 16th - which I'm guessing is when he's going on a trip or something judging from what I heard him talking to the teacher about - and that actually fits in pretty well as that's the last day of the semester and I should be done by then.

My current peeve?

He is only NOW telling us he wants racing stripes on it! He didn't even tell us what color, style, how many stripes (one or more), or even where he wanted them! W.T.F. If you want a customization of ANY sort on your freaking car, YOU TELL US WHEN YOU BRING IT IN! You don't wait til the last minute, dammit!

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!