View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-30-2008, 10:31 AM

I'd say 2-4 would be a decent amount of judges for anything like that. One would have to be a mod to ensure fairness and good critique.

I like the idea of cards for Valentine's Day. It is a holiday where gifts are exchanged, so that might be a good idea.

Maybe for Halloween and Easter we could have a sort of mystery or scavenger hunt? I saw those on another forum I go to and the way they did it was start out in a main thread, then give hints as to where to find the next bit of the story and clue. The story was hidden in the posts of different threads and the clues were hints about the name or placing of the thread. They would go through different threads like that and in the end had a prize. Maybe a special prize can be given to the first three to complete it(like a doll in a halloween costume of their choice) and then the rest will be give a consolation prize of maybe pixelled candy. The story itself would involve members on here, to add a bit more of a community feel.

As for how a raffle would work, everyone would enter in it. Then, say a week to a few days later, names would be drawn and possibly the top three would get prizes. The prizes could be small pieces of pixel art or custom ordered dolls. Of course, that would require some volunteers to make the prizes.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!