View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default Forum Events - 12-29-2008, 01:21 PM

Most of you know and participated in the Secret Santa event, but now I am posing a question to you all. Should we just keep it at one event or should we add more? The point of the thread is to discuss possible holiday events, general events, and forum-wide contests. If you post here, please have a suggestion for a contest or event or feedback for an idea(why you like it, possible problems, etc, NOT just 'i love it').

Ideally, I can see events happening every 3 months or so. If they are too often, they lose their appeal and the amount of time doesn't put pressure on you guys to participate constantly. Possible holidays include Valentine's Day, Easter, and Halloween(if you suggest any, they should be celebrated internationally, not just in the US like Thanksgiving or Fourth of July). The events themselves don't need to just involve exchanging gifts, maybe they could be contests or raffles.

As for contests, I really would enjoy adding these into what we do. We could have separate categories for dollmaker dolls and handdrawn ones(whether we divide this into pixel-shaded and tool-shaded is up to you guys) and a set group of judges(the number would vary based on the number of participants and would probably consist of mods or older members). These could coincide with major holidays. This isn't meant to replace the handdrawn contests going on, it just is supposed to bring the forums together as a whole.

Also, another idea for a contest is to have a major one done over 6 months to a year. Obviously this would be for members who plan on being here for a while. It could consist of smaller contests and eliminations(like American Idol or Next Top Model, for example) with a title won at the end. There would be a set group of judges who could give feedback to the participants and would place a bottom two, for which you guys vote.

These are only ideas, not anything set. Other ideas are welcome and encouraged since this involves you guys. None of this can happen without you, so let me know what you think.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!