Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-05-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanashley View Post
We all have our own opinions. My point is that we don't always need to speak our minds. I'm sure our moms, dads, or someone at some point in our lives told us that if we don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. The thing I'm trying to point out is that I (and other people I'm guessing) don't go on threads for other movies, books, shows, or whatever and say stuff like "Yeah, it's so stupid. I don't know how you like that!". I'm not saying that any of you said that, but that's what it seems like. If you don't like it, why can't you just say something like, "Yeah, I don't like it much. But I don't care if you do."? Doesn't that sound nicer and not offensive? I don't like how people are coming on here and saying how dumb Twilight is or whatever, and then saying all kind of reasons why. It's your opinion, people! If it's going to offend someone or something, don't say it! And I'm not trying to point out anyone specifically, I'm just saying this to everyone. =)
I will only say this once to you, if you cannot handle the discussion, leave. No one here cares about people enjoying it, we all have guilty pleasures. We care about young girls enjoying it and getting the wrong messages from it, which is clearly occurring. Not everything in this thread is going to be nice because this is not a fan only thread. I do not allow fan-only threads because discussion can only occur with both sides coming into contact. No one is posting here just saying it is stupid, we have given legitimate reasons and you are simply dismissing them.

Also, kindly do not try to do my job. I can warn people well enough on my own that things are getting strained. Any opinion can offend, but that isn't a reason to not state them. If people were being blatantly vicious without reason, I would step in, but they are not. In the future, do not tell others not to post just because you are uncomfortable or upset.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!