View Single Post
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-04-2008, 08:39 PM

Look, I will relate this to my own experiences and hopefully then you will see how sick it is.

I have been in multiple abusive relationships. I'm not one to pick out the best guys and have really only been with a handful that are decent, one which is amazing. I have actually told myself time and again that I deserved to be beaten, cheated on, and put down because I am no good. I have had to ask permission to go out somewhere because I need "protection". I wasn't allowed to be with friends without constantly checking in and the friends had to be approved ahead of time. All throughout this time though, every single one of them said they loved me. They only did it to protect me, to better me. What they were doing was grooming me to become a slave and I didn't realize it. In fact, I accepted everything they told me as the truth and had serious consequences because of it, not only physically, but mentally as well.

Edward does this to Bella. He tells her that he is trying to protect her, but that involves limiting contact with everyone except him. That creates a situation where she begins to see him as the only person she can trust, which is also known as grooming. He created a situation where she needed him emotionally purely because he was her "protector" and "the only one who loves her", which is what an abuse victim thinks. They think that their abuser does these things because they love them and want to better them.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!