View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-04-2008, 08:29 PM

Everyone, you are starting to hit dangerous territory again and I do not want to close this after only a day. If you are feeling aggravated or offended by either side, kindly step out of the discussion until you have calmed down.

Personally, I can understand the guilty pleasure thing and have read books that are terrible(claim they are fantasy, but that really is a thin veil to disguise the massive amounts of sex in it), but this is out of control. Also, the target age group for these books is inappropriate. No one in their early teens should be reading them because that is a vital time where they are supposed to be learning about healthy relationships. If these girls, and guys to an extent too, are coming up with the idea that the perfect man is controlling to protect "his woman", then we are about to see a serious rise in domestic abuse. Despite what anyone says, Edward shows all the classic signs of being an abuser. Just because he is not physically attacking Bella does not mean its not abuse. He controls her. Haven't any of you seen those Maury episodes about the abusive couples? The woman is always kept away from family and friends, is typically locked up, only has contact with her abuser or people approved by the abuser, and has little to no free will. Nor is it love because Bella went into a depression fit when he left. Abuse victims typically feel an emotional connection with their abuser and actually feel guilty about leaving them. Most return back to them, some end up dead.

I'm sorry if I seem like I am coming off strongly, but I feel like you guys need to understand that this relationship isn't healthy. At least if you are going to enjoy these books, keep that information in the back of your heads.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!