View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-03-2008, 02:14 PM

That is a great thread, thank you for linking to it. I have to admit that my may concern about the series is the abuse which is clearly going on in it. Too many girls justify it, which scares me since they shouldn't think it is alright. Having come from abusive relationships, I know what it is like to be controlled to a point beyond that and it is not pretty, so I don't want these girls to fall into the "he's protecting me trap".

Personally, I have decided to boycott the series. I refuse to buy the books, go to the movie, purchase any merchandise, I even go out of my way to avoid any sites that advertise it. To me, the messages that the series sends out are dangerous and need to be stopped, which means stopping the publication of it in my opinion. That may sound extreme, but too many young girls believe these things are okay. I heard a story from one of the actors in the film(during an interview) that a young girl actually stopped him and asked him to bite her neck. She INSISTED that he bite it. That isn't normal. I understand liking the books and doing strange things(hell, we saw it with HP), but that is over the line.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!