View Single Post
(#170 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-18-2008, 12:37 AM

That is a really awful thing to say about guys. While men are always immature, it is just flat out insulting to believe once you are older and ready to have sex that the guy will just leave. While there are guys like that out there, you will never be able to find a decent guy in a few years if you hold that kind of view. Hell, I had sex with my boyfriend and he hasn't left yet(AND we are in a long distance relationship, so its not like we are together that often either so I could understand him leaving). We were each other's firsts and if anything it brought us closer, as it does every time for us because it requires a lot of trust and is a huge emotional connection for both of us. That isn't to say you should go out and do that just because, its something that should be saved for someone you love and trust and never should occur unless you are mature enough to handle the consequences, but not every single guy is some scumbag who runs off the second he gets some. Commitment comes in more forms than simply marriage you know, be it an engagement, long-term relationship, or even a simple agreement to see what happens in the future. I am committed to a man I have only been with for around 2-3 months, but that commitment comes from the agreed knowledge that we have future plans together. We openly talk about what our plans are together after college and over the next few years, which involves us moving in, so marriage alone is not a guarantee. It isn't a guarantee to begin with.

Oh yes, I lost my virginity rather clumsily in september, properly a few weeks ago to my boyfriend. Normally I'm not someone to get physical that fast, but my connection with him is different and I trust him completely to not take advantage of me, which he hasn't and never will. I guess its really because we both see us having a legitimate future together and I'm glad to have saved it for someone who I love very much and is willing to learn with me.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 11-18-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!