View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 11-12-2008, 03:05 PM

I have been going to the library, ALOT lately. So, my bookworm ways returned once again. O_o
I read whenever I can- and these are just my favorites at the moment. Mostly the ones I just finished reading, and am still letting the awesomeness of each one sink in. ;]

Um...
Endymion Spring: Such a fantastic book. Thick, too. Nearly five hundred pages or something like that. Wonderful book. It is clear, and descriptive. You have a picture of what is going on the entire time. And it is also written in two points of views, also once is past tense and once is present.

Pirates!: This is a good book, as well. Just finished it last night. Though I am not such a fan of first person writing, it pulled me in quickly with a really in-depth plot. Though, at times, it tended to push in a crucial fact a bit too quickly and abruptly, it was overall a very well written and descriptive book.

Primevara: This book was both a gore-fest, and a tear-jerker. It had people being quarted, decapitated, hung, stabbed, poisoned, ecsetera. The entire story was very intense and tragic, but the ending definetely took the cake. It ended gloriously, so I wasn't throwing the book against the wall because the main characters love died after all.

Book of a Thousand Days: Such a great book... It was absolutely, without a doubt, AMAZING. It was written as a diary, but the diary was written as to tell the story exactly and correctly. Who doesn't like a Brother Grimm's fairytale twisted into a tragic, story themed as if in Medeival Mongolia? So great, in my opinion. And the Lady's servant did, indeed, marry the Khan. :]

This list would be longer, but I can't think of anymore at the moment, and I have a brand new book just picked up and I'm only seven pages in.
Heh, heh...

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!