Thread: cell phone
View Single Post
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Chicken_pie15 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-11-2008, 05:17 PM

My school allowed cellphones as long as they were used before or after school, and they had to be left in the lockers. The main opposition to cell phones in school is that students use them to cheat on tests. Students still had them in class regardless. However, if there was an emergency, some teachers would let the students use the phones, as long as the student asked.
My school had no payphones, unless you crossed the incredibly busy main street to the convenience store, in which the clerk was shot and killed a couple of years ago. So I don't think payphones are the best idea for every situation. Also students, especially if we're talking about middle school students, always need to be cautious. If it was my child, I would not tell him or her to find a payphone in case of an emergency.
I do agree however, that seeking out an office phone ON school premises is ALWAYS the best idea. And if the secretaries give you a hard time, then don't be mean back, try to seek out another phone on school premises, in a classroom for example.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!