Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 11-09-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
I also like The Dark Is Rising sequence; I know it's meant for kids, but I read it as a kid and still read it as an adult, it's so well written and such a good series of books. ^^
I think I read The Seeker, but I can't remember now. O.o

I adore the Crystal Shard series by R. A. Salvatore, I can't stop reading it over and over. There's another series I read as well, the main character is Eve Duncan. She's a forensic sculptor who was pushed to her career by the kidnap and murder of her own child, which was never solved until some book in the series. I've read Face of Deception and one other book that I can't think of off the top of my head. XD

I also loved Lord of the Fading Lands, I can't remember right now who wrote it but it's a beautiful book. Funny thing is, I HATE romance, yet it is a romance, sort of. XD A person I know compared it to Twilight, which made me smack her as the main character DOES have a brain and the man she loves is overly protective only because one, he's a Tairen (which is basically a feline dragon and you know how regular dragons are!), and two, he's a Feyreisen, which are never meant to have soulmates. Therefore, yeah, he's bound to freak out if she gets hurt or attacked. However, she's able to keep him on a leash; there's things called 'oaths' amongst the Fey and only the person they pledge to can break the oath.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 11-09-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!