View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 10-11-2008, 01:16 PM

I was raised in a Christian household and converted to Wicca at a young age without the knowledge of my family. They are really strict about that sort of thing and would actually disown me if they knew about my change in religion. I wouldn't necessarily say the religion is the reason why I changed, that had moreso to do with my experiences with one boy, but it played a big part. I found everyone very pushy and intolerant of other ideas, something that I refused to associate myself with. I know that not all Christians are like this and have a lot of friends who are Christian, but my experiences in general have involved very controlling and preachy people.

While I do worship the Christian god and other holy people from the religion, I am not strictly a Christian because I worship other gods too(I believe they all really are one god and goddess in many different forms). I can't give into that faith because I don't believe in what the Bible says, which is contradictory and cruel, and I feel organized religion is meant to exploit the people. Nothing against the religion, I just feel very strongly against it.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!