View Single Post
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-11-2008, 09:51 AM

I'm an atheist, with LaVeyan Satanist leanings. I don't believe in God, or Satan, or Heaven or Hell. I believe that when we die, we rot in the ground and feed the worms, so you have to make the best of life.

Also, if early death and illness is caused by sin, how do you explain the long lives of people such as Klaus Barbie? Committed many atrocities, and only died at the age of 77 of leukemia. Or conversely, the short life of Grace Darling. A Victorian heroine, who bravely, along with her father, participated in a maritime rescue. She died of tuberculosis at the age of 27.

That to me is a short sighted way of looking at things, as is saying that if you break the rules of a book written thousands of years ago, and probably only meant as a metaphor, you go to Hell. So many wars have been fought, and crimes committed, in the name of God; the hypocrisy of some so called Christians is unbelievable.

For the record, my mother is Christian and I have Christian friends. I was raised a Christian; however, I was allowed by my mother to make up my own mind and believe what I liked. She did not try and force me to go to church when I didn't believe, or castigate me for nonbelief.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!