View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
ButterflyBomb (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-26-2008, 08:45 PM

Hm, let's see, I graduated last year, but my sister's still go to the same school.

No flip-flops (which I now understand, my cousin was playing soccer in flip-flops, fell down, and her toes almost got "de-gloved").
No jewelry (for religious reasons since it's a religious-based school, but the teachers are really lenient about it).
Only natural colored hair.
Only natural, or mostly natural nail polish.
If you are going to sit on the floor, you have to be where the teacher can see you.
No physical contact between boys and girls (unless you're related, that's a funny story, really).
Exchange students must speak english.
Myspace is blocked (though I've never cared).
Cell phones are to be turned off and left in your locker until after school.
Long, modest dress code (the principle wants uniforms, and has so far only managed to get it passed for the teachers).
If you are on the D and F list, then you aren't allowed to go one field trips, or participate in sports.
At banquets if you wear a dress, it can't be sleeveless, and shawls are not allowed.

Oh, and my favorite isn't really a rule: The high school math teacher has you do a whole assignment, then picks five problems from it that count for your grade. You could get everything but one or two problems right that the teacher just so happens to pick, so you get a B or C

And lastly, the music teacher seems to think her plans can come before everything else in your life. In fact, it becomes your life. Once you join a music group, there's no turning back. The only reasons you can miss a performance is if you are vomitting, someone in your immediate family has died, or you died. Other than that, you are charged 5 dollars for every minute you are late (but there's no one to enforce that, since it isn't backed by the school, so if you can put up with the nagging, you don't have to pay)

I have odd tastes, you'll just have to get used to it
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!