Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-13-2008, 08:21 PM

I was horrified by this quote in particular from the article:
Quote:
Last year, Tesco was forced to remove the Peekaboo pole-dancing kit from the toys and games section of its website, and a couple of years ago, Asda provoked a furore for selling inappropriately adult lingerie for children, including thongs and push-up black lace bras.
Pole dancing? Lingerie? Sheesh, when I was that age I was still running around with mud on my feet and pretending to be an indian/psychic/witch/whatever the heck caught my fancy. I read, I played outside, and I wasn't concerned with dating(though I did have crushes, but that was normal). I had my first boyfriend young, but i also learned a big lesson pretty quick when I was nearly raped. I didn't even dress that way, so I can't even begin to imagine how bad it is for those girls.

The truth is parents need to put down their feet. Their children wouldn't act like this if they didn't encourage it and controlled their media exposure. Quite frankly, while it is getting harder to control that sort of thing, it still is their responsibility to protect their children from these things. They say there is time, but when they can't tell them no for such simple things how are they going to do it later?

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-13-2008 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Grammar mistake
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!