View Single Post
(#33 (permalink))
Old
ShinoMegami (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-12-2008, 10:04 PM

Okay I'm just wondering if all of you people saying that how horrible animals are treated for their fur actually know anything about the industry? Most animals aren't just killed for their fur. If you have rabbit fur on something, chances are in some specialty resturaunt someone is eating that rabbit...same with fox, leming, and tons of other animals. And animals raised for their fur are usually fed better food and pampered a bit more to keep that fur nice looking.

Random Factoid: Silk, Wool, Leather and thousands of other of your favorite fibers/fabrics come from something that is alive that isn't a plant.

Another Random Factoid: Real fur has been prefferred until about the last 10 years by many designers because while you can get the same look with synthetic you couldn't get the same feel or drapability (which means how the fabric drapes/falls over the body) Many designers would use synthetic but a lot would not because of those reasons. Now there are so many innovations that Synthetics are getting better. Point: Polyester used to be the evil nasty fabric in the 70s, now polyester is immitating just about every fabric out there.

*Oh and just so you know that I'm not spouting crap. I have a degree in fashion design. So yes I do know what I am talking about.

PSST!! Hey!! Go > here < and see my dolls!!

Avatar Made by ME!! Base from Dollz'n'stuff (I don't have a current link, if anyone does please PM it to me)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!