This is at the beginning of a new era. Humanity is growing, evolving, changing. No-one knows just how it came to be, but children are being born with a mutated gene that manifests at around age 15. These children have either strange features or powers, or both. Normal humans both hate and fear these strange mutants and shun them from society. In time, there will be a group that is formed to give support to these mutants, a school run by a mutant named Charles Xavier, but all this is yet to be. This time, no-one is supporting these strange humans, most wish only for them to be excised from the human world.
Among the people who wish this are an anti-mutant group known as Humanity Against Freaks, or HAF. They target the mutants and also any place that allows mutants to frequent, such as shops, hotels, cinemas. They are fueled entirely by hatred and altho there is no main leader, they are organised in frightenly efficience. The police are powerless to act; and indeed, some of the higher police officers are members of the organisation.
Fighting on the other side are a small group of mutants known only as the Vigilantes; they use their powers only to protect themselves, but are generally viewed with mistrust by most of the population, some of which hail the HAF as being heroes who only are trying to protect humanity from the mutant menace. The Vigilantes are set upon from all sides, so don't use their real names, only codenames. Seeing them as mutant terrorists, the police are determined to stamp them out.
1. This RP is for experienced RPers ONLY. If I do not consider you experienced, then you can't join. Don't spam the RP begging to join. Any players must also abide by the main forum rules.
2. If you need more information, read this link: X-Men - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
However, understand this; the X-men do NOT EXIST YET. This RP is set in an era back when the X-men were either not born yet, or just toddlers. So don't play one of them please, original characters only.
3. If you're playing a mutant, you only have one power. If a power is already taken, you can not have the same one. I want everyone to have different powers, not say 4 people all playing as pyrokinetics. You can either have a freakish appearence, or be normal. If I think your character is unrealistic, you will be asked to change it; do not have an attitude about this.
4. Humans only; no vampires, fairies, elves or any other race. This RP is only about humans and mutants.
5. If you are unsure about anything in the storyline, PM me; don't spam up the RP asking questions.
Paul has been at the orphanage his whole life. He doesn't know anything about his parents at all. When he was 12, his mutation manifested and he was then set upon by some of the other kids at the orphanage. He was able however to fight them off by changing his shape; he badly injured them, so now he's generally avoided. Paul has a very hot temper, he can also be stubborn to the point of being extremely irritating to anyone who's dealing with him, and also extremely selfish and only concerned with black and white, missing shades of grey.
Paul sat on a bench alone in the small outdoor area that belonged to the orphanage. Nearby, some of the others who lived in the orphanage either played or sat in various places talking, depending on age. Paul made no attempt to join any of the groups; he'd learned very early on, even before his mutation had manifested, that he wasn't welcome. Paul had just seemed odd in his childhood years and hadn't been popular. When he began puberty however, everything changed as he developed not only as a teenager, but also a mutation in the form of shapeshifting powers.
The powers had come on unannounced; he had suddenly changed shape in the common room and had immediately been set upon. He had changed shape again, taking the shape of a tiger and had fought off his attackers. Since that day, he had become an outcast and was severely left alone. In the orphanage, new cases were often being brought in and Paul often watched them to see if they were like him, but too often he was disappointed. He longed for the day to come when he could leave the place forever.