View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-01-2008, 10:01 PM

Stretch makrs are caused by your skin stretching and tearing inside, to put it simply. Its caused by weight gain, loss, and simply growing a lot really quickly. Don't be embarassed, it is completely normal. When I was younger than you I started developing them and still am in strange places, like near my belly button. Mine is a more extreme case though.

While they aren't "curable", you can help your skin heal back together so that they fade out of existence. A simple thing to do is rub lotion with Vitamin E into them combined with cocoa butter. If that doesn't work, you could take vitamin E in the form of capsules or even break them open and rub the oil directly on them. In most cases that will help, but it isn't immediate. You'll have to wait a few weeks to months for them to fade and there's no guarantee that they will go away. Finally, if that doesn't work, I suggest going to see a dermatologist. There is medicine they can give for extreme cases to help them fade.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!