View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 07-24-2008, 07:01 PM

Just to tack this on, plenty of creatures contribute to global warming. When you pass gas you are doing exactly the same thing as the cows are, but I don't see you suggesting that we kill off other humans and eat them. Really, that is one of the silliest reasons to be a vegetarian.

At your age, it is highly unhealthy to choose that lifestyle because your body is still developing. Maybe if you wanted to do it in your 20s when you are generally done growing then you could do it, but now is the worst possible time to do so.

If you do decide to do this, you need to consult a doctor first because you will need to know what vitamins you will need to take to deal with whatever ones you are losing from not eating meat. That way your growth will not be affected by the changed diet and they can help direct you to a proper vegetarian diet, as well as monitor its effects upon you.

Finally, there may be certain health problems which can make it more difficult to be a vegetarian. I know I can't completely stop eating meat because I have an iron deficiency, which is one of the vitamins which is plentiful and much more easily absorbed when in meat as compared to vegetables. Even though I take supplements, I still have many problems and have to make an effort to eat foods with lots of iron in them for all my meals. This problem typically doesn't occur until you hit puberty, about now, but is common, as are some others which can affect your decision.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!