(#24 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Talking When It's Time To Frost - 05-12-2008, 11:37 AM

Always let a cake cool before frosting it, not only will it not melt the frosting, but it's easier to handle as well. To make sure a cake sits still during the frosting process, put some frosting on the middle of the plate (a dollop will do) and then place the cake on top. Frost a thin layer first to seal in crumbs, then go over it again so that your cake is beautiful and crumb free.

P.s. After the cake is finished...that little dollop of frosting on the plate will have absorbed into the cake that was on top of it (THAT"S THE BEST PART!!!) Always wipe it clean with your finger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh yeah great tip by the way beware_toxic_baby_gurl! Also, after chopping or preparing garlic, rinse your hands and cutting surface in lemon juice to get rid of the smell.

And whenever your sink drain gets stinky put lemon juice in there as well!

And Speaking of sink drains, discard egg shells in there (only if you have a garbage disposal!!!) turn it on with running water until there's no more loud grinding sounds. This sharpens the blades.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 05-20-2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Getting rid of my double post before I get yelled at by Miranda again ^.^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!