View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-03-2008, 04:04 PM

I'm bipolar. Mental illnesses run in my family. My mom was depressed and is only starting to get over it. I hope you all know what bipolar is, because I don't feel like explaining it. Since I have it, my explanation would be long and filled with stuff that only matters to those who have it.

I will mention though, that it basically means that you are constantly mood swinging from incredibly hyper, to real depressed. Sometimes this change happens for no reason.

That's why one reason I'll be like this: XD (hyper, laughing, uber happy smile which usually goes with something funny) and the next: T.T (sad, depressive smiley.)

It's kinda a mix of mild insanity and depression.

Sometimes, like now, I feel stupid, ugly and pathetic. Other times, actually like just a couple hours ago, I brag about how smart, talented and pretty I am.

I don't usually have the state of 'mania' but 'hypomania'. From wikipedia (Bipolar disorder): - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hypomania is generally a less extreme state than mania, and people in the hypomanic phase generally experience fewer symptoms of mania than those in a full-blown manic episode. During an episode, one might feel an uncontrollable impulse to laugh at things he or she does not normally find funny. The duration is usually also shorter than in mania. This is often a very "artistic" state of the disorder, where there is a flight of ideas, extremely clever thinking, and an increase in energy.

Here's mine. Bipolar II

Bipolar II

Bipolar II disorder is characterized by hypomanic episodes as well as at least one major depressive episode. Hypomanic episodes do not go to the extremes of mania (i.e. do not cause social or occupational impairment, and without psychosis), and this can make Bipolar II more difficult to diagnose, since the hypomanic episodes may simply appear as a period of successful high productivity and is reported less frequently than a distressing depression. For both disorders, there are a number of specifiers that indicate the presentation and course of the disorder, including "chronic", "rapid cycling", "catatonic" and "melancholic".

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 04-03-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!