Thread: Profiles
View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
purple_foxx_

Default 03-22-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
I think it is important to bring up this issue with people, especially the regular members here since the problems with them are growing by the minute.

Some of you might or might not realize that comments are being used to harass people, for good intentions or bad. You guys have been good about forum scolding, now we need you to stop searching people out in PMs and their profiles. You think you are being helpful, but you quickly become a harasser as well if you do that. I know no one here wants to get in trouble, so please discontinue posting on people's profiles or PMing them to inform them they stole soandso's doll or they spammed in a topic since that is why we moderators exist. If you think we haven't realized a problem is going on, send us a quick PM and we'll take action in whatever way we deem fit.

Next, we need you guys to tell us when you are having a problem with a member on your profile. I have discovered when browsing through other members' profiles that you guys are letting yourselves be harassed and spammed. If you do not send us a message to let us know about these problems we can't ever address them. Don't be afraid to let us know if a member is bothering you since this could be happening to more than yourself.

Also, if a member asks you to contact another member, please do NOT do this. I don't care how good of friends you are, these people are sometimes harassing these members and you helping them only makes the victim feel guilty. If a member wants this person to contact them, they would allow them to through PM or on their profile. If anyone is having trouble contacting someone due to blocks on PM or their profile, then you can contact me. If I deem the message to be nonthreatening and unconnected to harassment, i will pass it along.

Finally, I would like to ask everyone to clean their profile comments periodically. There is no reason to let them get up to 100, 50, or even 25 pages. Really guys, do you need to have that message from last September or a month old request to be friends? I recommend that everyone keeps their comments pruned to around 10 pages. We don't have the time to clean your profiles for you. If I see anyone with massive amounts of comments in the next couple of weeks, I will be contacting them.
The "harrasing part" about the comments, I couldn't agree anymore.
When going to post comments on my friend's account, I've seen things about "rape" (<<<ew!) & "beating you up"

Seriously, it's a website, not something you have to do to look cool...
so, I totally agree.
(:
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!