View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Information About Greeting Newbies; Everyone Read! (updated 12/2/09) - 02-24-2008, 12:44 PM

Firstly, I would like to say how nice it is to see so many members here greeting the newbies that sign up on the forums. There is however an important issue that I need to address regarding posting on the newbies' intro threads.

I have noticed that some regular members are posting "Read the rules!" and/or providing the links to the rule topics whenever they post on an intro thread. This is completely unnecessary. The TDP Greeters are the only people besides the forum mods who have the right to do this. Our Greeters currently are ColorPencil, AaronShadows, Cheshire1996, Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX, Kiwi_Kat, antimae, prin367cess, delly1 and spirit_queen. Unless you are one of them, then please don't bother. Constantly badgering newbies with requests to read the rules is not only not needed, it can also upset newbies and maybe even put them off posting on the forums. Please do not do this; just post something like "Welcome to the forums! I hope you'll enjoy posting here!" instead.

We don't want newbies to be upset and harrassed when they have not done anything wrong. If you see rulebreaking or spam, then please feel free to report it to a mod, but do not address the rulebreaker yourself. Doing this, as well as the afore mentioned issue, is not as some people believe a shortcut to modship; mods are only chosen if and when we need them.

The same goes for Greeters; we have enough Greeters right now and we do not need any more. Anyone who acts like a Greeter and either posts the rules, or tells the newbie to read the rules will have their post deleted. Repeated offenders will be given warnings and could even be temp banned if the message does not sink in.

I have put this topic up here in order that this issue be addressed. If this continues, then Silver Wolf Kitty and myself will have no choice but to take further action.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 11-19-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!