View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 02-09-2008, 02:03 PM

People who enhance their looks daily to make themselves look better are in desperate need of self confidence. I am sad to say I am one of those people, however. I straighten my hair, I got clear braces so my smile would still be white, and not metal-filled, I use makeup, possibly too much sometimes, even though my mother insists on me keeping it as natural as possible.

But the reason I do this is because I don't like the way I look. And it takes too much time. If I want to straighten my hair, it takes an hour and a half, not counting a shower. Getting dressed is hard seeing as depending on my mood, I find some fault in it.

But I'm also sick of feeling like an outcast. Last year, I was tormented for having "brand-name-less" clothing that "appeared to be from Goodwill" when it was just what I found at the mall that was comfortable. And let's not even start about my hair. And I found that once I got some more fitting clothes and started straighting my hair, people seemed to accept me more, and I found myself fitting in more.

So there are pros and cons to fault-finding. Because if you are 100% happy with the way you look, even if you look like a total goddess without even trying, today's world is going to look down on you...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!