Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-02-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by influx View Post
Dear Miranda and Silent Wolf (and everybody else): First of all, I'm so sorry you've had such awful experiences. I've also been through all those things you descibe. I've had the killer cramps (and needed the heavy duty pain killers) and the extremely heavy flow and the extra-long periods. You name it, I've had it.

But I still insist that our society' attitude (aided and abetted by the mega pharmaceutical companies and medical supply houses) encourages females to see their reproductive cycles as a nuisance and worse.

I also think the medical profession is extremely lazy and should be researching the causes of painful and unpredicatable cycles and trying very hard to find real cures for these things. I mean real cures that fix the underlying hormonal problems and not just bandaid remedies that cover up the symptoms and leave the underlying problem to fester.

PS: the ground hog saw his shadow. Six more weeks of winter!

Actually, from what I've seen a lot of girls love having their period. I don't; I find it a nuisance because I have to run to the bathroom every hour to make sure I haven't leaked, even though I'm on the pill, and I also find it a nuisance because my mother is forcing me to go to the gynacologist again to possibly be examinated on the grounds of her own problems.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!