View Single Post
(#24 (permalink))
Old
black_nailpolish

Default 12-29-2007, 06:18 AM

Just over 2 years ago my friend died in a car crash due to her boyfriend speeding while it was raining. RIP Christine

And just last year, an ex student from my school died from a disease she caught from kissing her boyfriend after he came back from overseas (he was in contact with his cousin who had the disease). I didn't know her but I've passed her a couple of times while walking to the next class.

My school has dedicated a section on the back wall of our school church to the past and present students who have died where their names and birth and death dates are inscribed on gold plaques. The principal has also placed a book where students and teachers can write prayers to remember those who have passed on. Also, before assembly, the school captain says a prayer to remember those students. As you can probably tell, I go to a catholic school

We've also had bomb threats in the past on the day of exams because some students call their boyfriends (I go to an all girls school) saying there's a bomb in the school so that the students don't have to take the exam but in the end they do. The teachers take it really seriously, they call the ambulance, police, fire fighters and the bomb squad etc but I guess all schools would

A few years ago, there was a new science teacher and he brought in this new science equipment for the grade 7 science classes to use in the labs but there was a lab explosion. Luckily no one died but a few girls had cuts and one girl who was holding the equipment, her fingers were seriously injured. They're all ok now. But when the ambulance came, the news media came as well and we were told not to say anything to the reporters if they questioned us and there were news helicopters flying above our school filming. It was shown later that night on tv but I didn't watch it but my friend did and it just proves how the media is wrong about things because my friend told me they said a teacher died from the explosion but no teacher did (thank goodness)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!