View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-08-2007, 10:42 PM

Just saw it! A definate must see. The film kept fairly true to the books, minus some order-changes(we see the Panserbjørn before Bolvanger, unlike in the books) and an early ending(cutting out the book ending, which is presumably being saved for the next movie). I can understand the ending change as the original ending is tragic and it connects better with the second book anyways.

I really fell in love with it. The movie is definately understandable for anyone who hasn't read the books, but be warned that it is religious. In fact, the religion vs. free will theme is very strong in it, despite all the trouble from Christian groups. Another thing, the daemon-human customs might be difficult to understand at first. For those who go, I suggest you keep in mind that it is taboo in their culture to touch another person's daemon(this comes into play later in the books). Its just something that is only mentioned briefly, but is fairly obvious from the connection between the two.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!