View Single Post
(#20 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 11-25-2007, 10:47 PM

Okay, everyone is going to hate me for going Christian on you, but please, respect my opinion. It would be extremely hypocritical for you to disrespect mine when you go around ordering others to respect other opinions.

The bible is fifty-somethin' books put together to teach lessons. There are primary sources about Jesus' crucifiction, and about all of the other horrible things that people would do to his disciples.

It isn't fiction. It bugs the heck out of me and makes me want to scream when people say it is a fiction book. I respect your opinion, but it's not mine, and no one can truly believe what everyone else believes. I've been taught, even before we went to church, that the bible was there so we had guidelines. I believe in heaven, in hell, in Jesus, and all of the stories.

INCLUDING David and Goliath. I shall use this as an example to show the primary sources.

The thing people don't believe in most about this story was the size of Goliath and his...buddies. People have found huge, human skeletons, wherever Goliath was (I don't pay attention to those things. xD). It shows that there were people of his size that were around back then.

I also believe that the only reason David could kill Goliath with a stone was faith. No human could do that on our own, and there are too many signs of a higher power, whether it be God, Buddha, or anyone else.

I can't read the bible. I learn my stories in church, because I cannot draw connections and learn things on my own. Although I don't live the ideal Christian lifestyle, I can say that I am going to heaven, of course, if heaven exists.

And one last note of this rather long post, the bible NEVER says the earth was created only a few thousand years ago. Give me the book, chapter, and verse, otherwise it says NO WHERE that the Earth was created way too late. There is scientific proof that the Earth is ancient, but the existance of humans as we know them today...that could be what it was referring to.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!