Thread: Periods
View Single Post
(#81 (permalink))
Old
influx (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-23-2007, 04:26 PM

What an amazing thread! Half the population will experience it, but we don't always get a chance to really talk about it.

My first and second periods were separated by 13 months! Just like my mom and grandmom. But what it feels like? Dripping sometimes, gushing at other times, sometimes you don't feel it at all. On my heaviest days I wear my darkest sweat pants just in case I leak. Tylenol may help if you have cramps, or the gyn could prescribe something stronger. I like hot packs over my pelvis to help relax the uterus.

Good luck!

I refuse to think of my period as yuccky. I like being a woman and wouldn't trade for a million dollars. It is messy, of course, and you have to use pads or tampons to keep your clothes (and furniture) clean. But I find it disturbing that we've all been conditioned to see our reproductive abilities as a nuisance.

Guys don't see their bodies as a nuisance and you can be darn sure that if they DID menstruate they would make a big deal out of it and celebrate it and flaunt it.

So c'mon! Lets see some grrl power!!!

Last edited by Miranda_ : 09-19-2008 at 08:44 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!