Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-15-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delly1 View Post
I am glad sometihng like this is brought up in the forum
I have just finished a few movies on serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer
But I have to disagree with you silver_wold_kitty because yes he was granted 15 consecutive life term sentences because of the 15 people he killed now know one knows how long those people would of last before he killed them but here in Canada a life sentence is 25 years so thats 25x15 which adds up to 375 years which we all know he will not live that long anyways . He is imprisoned in whats called a super max prison , a super max prison is for people like him who pose the most threat to society, assaulted a guard and or assaulted another inmate. The cells are isolated each one individual with an inmate inside and instead of normal prisons where they face the other cell across from them its on a diagnal so no other inmate can see each other and or talk to one another so they are extremely isolated. They are only allowed and hour time for physical activity outside or inside with heavy security and they are alone. I am glad he got that as opposed to getting off scott free by dieing . But in the end he was killed . But this is all my own opinion.
Also i dont agree with capital punishment unless its because they killed a police man who is their to protect us. otherwise its a useless form of punishment because it either can result in an accident of some one not committing the incident or result in some one getting of much easier instead of life in incarceration
The American prison system isn't like that. There is a lot of overcrowding in prisons, meaning inmates don't really get isolated except in supermax or possibly max. His sentence was over 900 years, but that still doesn't mean he shouldn't have gotten the death penalty. That sick man rap.ed, mutilated, and killed these young boys. Did you know he kept a vat in his room with three human torsos? What about the fact that his fridge was filled with other human parts, such as genitals? He was a sick man and a danger to society, in prison or otherwise. If he managed to escape(which is possible), he would've done it again.

Rose, there are prisons like that, but they are few and far between. In fact, the conditions are oftentimes what you described. They are locked up 23 hrs a day, with one hour in the "sunlight" (which can simply be a room with a sunlight or a cage basically) for outdoors time. They can't speak to anyone and may be provided one meal a day if given all the nutrients in it. In fact, there is a horrible substance called prison loaf which does exactly that. Its the way i feel they all should be, but its hard to do with the massive overcrowding.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!