View Single Post
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-06-2007, 08:35 AM

My parents might have been strict in some ways, but in others they weren't. For example, as long as I paid for them, I could wear whatever clothes I liked, and listen to whatever music I liked. I didn't have a curfew, as long as I came in quietly and didn't wake my parents up, that was fine. I could do whatever I wanted to my hair, nails and face. I was allowed during my teen years to eat up in my room, as long as I didn't make a mess and brought my plate and glass down afterwards. Strict doesn't necessarily mean bad, you know; if you think your parents are being too strict, it's probably cuz you're far too young to be doing certain things. Wait til you reach 14 or 15, you'll find you have more freedom.

Also, certain things you can do yourself. Want more pocket money? Get a job; you can get a paper round, walk dogs, wash cars or do extra chores. Want more freedom? Compromise, for example promise to go out with boys only in a group. Want their trust? Earn it. If they leave you by yourself when they go out, behave yourself. Then you'll be trusted to do more things later. If however you go behind their backs and break their rules, they will find out sooner or later... and then, you're only shooting yourself in the foot as they will lose all trust they have in you, and you won't get it back for years.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!